Pages

November 08, 2012

#14 S2a Recordings I

You will surely remember Clive, known to many of us as s2aRecordings / Extinction of the New Dinosaurs when you listen to his intense music and also take in the meaning of the words to his songs!
Clive says he’s been writing since he was very young and took his influence from punk rock to help convey his thoughts and feelings.  As a true artist, he has found a way to get through to people.  He admits his music is aggressive and from a quick glance some may not take the time to see the truth and goodness in his words.  In our interview with Clive he spoke of many things including questioning if God exists.  Did he say atheist?  Well, he did say there must be something bigger than all of us or then what would be the point to all of this life?  The song we selected for his feature tune was recorded and played by his mate Sally whose voice brings out the depth of the words Clive wrote in this piece he titled, “Breakdown.”

Interview 10/20/12 Part I – Breakdown by S2a Recordings - Extinction of the New Dinosaurs
Download or subscribe on iTunes

Lead Scripture:
Proverbs 18:14
14 The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?”
Will we break down or breakthrough?  Give your troubles, your life, your heart to the Lord for He loves to heal a wounded spirit.


LYRICS
BREAKDOWN


break down or break through
am I going mad
delusional inspirational fad
that turn me in to a true believer
religious psychotic episode
hallucinatory receiver
my brain is the biggest deceiver
I wouldn't believe a word it ever told me
please all I want is you to hold me
but I keep talking to someone who isn't there
if they never listen
then why would they care
like a nothing
like a nobody like me
tell me where you want me to be
even if its in hell
then at least id know id be in the right place already
or voices that come from god via angels


Scriptures from Interview - Part I
Psalm 116:17
“1I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord..”
When we give God thanks then He lifts us up and we can breakthrough.

Proverbs 17:22
22 A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones.”
Our heart is lighter when we look up to God and His hope fills us, but when we focus on our own thoughts our spirits become broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment