Pages

October 11, 2012

#10 0mnijess

Hope, love and life are the messages in the dark sounding songs of singer, songwriter and producer, Jessica Crespo. 
Known as 0mniJess on Soundcloud, Jessy shares some deep thoughts in her lyrics.  There are many questions in our lives about God,even how or why we believe he is.  In our discussion with Jessy we talked of the fact that even Christians with deep-rooted faith can go through times of fear and depression, anxiety or even doubts.  Believers and non-believers alike all too often run from God and what he is calling us to do.  When we run we are quite miserable, and it does us no good.  When we finally turn and go his way then his peace comes upon us.  Jessy shares these thoughts and more in our interview with her on her song, “Call Again.” 

Interview 09/29/12 – Call Again by 0mnijess
Download or subscribe on iTunes

Lead Scripture:
Psalm 50:15
15 Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will rescue you, and you will glorify me.”
When Jesus calls us he is calling us for deliverance, to rescue us.


LYRICS
CALL AGAIN

I can feel when you call, but I’m too afraid so I don’t answer at all. How can I believe you exist? It’s my fault for trying to be something that I’m not.

Call again, I just made a mistake, I just made a mistake.
Can you call again, I just made a mistake, I made a mistake with you.

I can’t make a move stagnated, I feel I’m going to loose you, oh. I just can’t fight this feeling that you give inside my soul, you are holding me, I can’t believe that you’ll rescue someone like me holding me treasuring knowing I am a sinner.

Call again, I just made a mistake, I just made a mistake.
Can you call again, I just made a mistake, I just made a mistake.

I don’t know where I’m going, I need your guidance because you are in me, and you set me free if I just let you in, If I just let you in, Let you in. If I just let you in, let you in.



Scriptures from Interview
1 Samuel 3:1-9
Now the boy Samuel was ministering to the Lord before Eli. And word from the Lord was rare in those days, visions were infrequent.
It happened at that time as Eli was lying down in his place (now his eyesight had begun to grow dim and he could not see well), and the lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple of the Lord where the ark of God was, that the Lord called Samuel; and he said, “Here I am.” Then he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he said, “I did not call, lie down again.” So he went and lay down. The Lord called yet again, “Samuel!” So Samuel arose and went to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he answered, “I did not call, my son, lie down again.” Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, nor had the word of the Lord yet been revealed to him. So the Lord called Samuel again for the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” Then Eli discerned that the Lord was calling the boy. And Eli said to Samuel, “Go lie down, and it shall be if He calls you, that you shall say, ‘Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
The Lord uses many methods to call us.  Rarely are there stories of him calling with an audible voice.  He calls us now in our spirit, inside of us.  We know it when he calls us and we should never ignore him when he calls.

Acts 17:27-29 
27that they would seek God,
 if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him,
though He is not far from each one of us;
28 for in Him we live and move and exist,
as even some of your own poets have said,
‘For we also are His children.”
We are alive in God and all of creation testifies of his existence.  In our hearts we know he is real and with us always.

Psalm 103:10-13
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

When we confess our wrongs and ask for his forgiveness then our Father God is gracious and merciful to us because Jesus already paid the price for our sins.

Hebrews 8:12
And I will forgive their wrongdoings,
and I will never again remember their sins.
We think God will never call us again, because we are sinful, but in this verse God made a new covenant that He will never look at what we did back, but will work in us for the new life we accept through Jesus.

Romans 1:18-20 (about God’s existence)
But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20  From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.
Why is God angry at sinful people? Because they have substituted the truth about him with a fantasy of their own imagination (1:25) . They have stifled the truth God naturally reveals to all people in order to believe anything that supports their own self-centered life-styles. God cannot tolerate sin because his nature is morally perfect. He cannot ignore or condone willful rebellion. God wants to remove the sin and restore the sinner—and he is able to, as long as the sinner does not stubbornly distort or reject the truth. But God shows his anger against those who persist in sinning. Make sure you are not pursuing a fantasy rather than the true God. Don’t suppress the truth about him merely to protect your own life-style.
What kind of God does nature reveal? Nature shows us a God of might, intelligence, and intricate detail; a God of order and beauty; a God who controls powerful forces. That is general revelation. Through special revelation (the Bible and the coming of Jesus), we learn about God’s love and forgiveness and the promise of eternal life. God has graciously given us many sources that we might come to believe in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment