Pages

September 27, 2012

#08 Shauna-Kay Hamilton

Shauna-Kay gives a wonderful testimony of her life and how she realized that God is real even our life now.
After a lifetime of hearing God’s word in church she was finally touched in a personal way by him and she received Jesus as her personal Savior.  Soon after her life changed and she wrote this heartfelt music called “What Is, Is.” Shauna-Kay shared a moment of her life when she was depressed from events that were happening but then she spoke of how God reached her and made her feel His love and His presence.  She realized that he cares and he is always there for her. It is such a wonderful experience to learn how God uses each one of us to explain his work and love for us, and he is using the dear heart and life of this wonderful young lady for his glory. Shauna-Kay is an amazing piano artist who received her very special talent from God and she is using it to spread his love to all. We know you will discover the living words of love through this interview with her, in her testimony and music “What Is, I.” 

Interview 08/25/12 – What Is, Is by Shauna-Kay Hamilton
Download or subscribe on iTunes

Lead Scripture:
Psalm 16:8-9
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is filled with joy,
And my mouth shouts his praises!
My body rests in safety.
No matter what happens in our life we can always trust God is with us and so we can rest with assurance and thank him even in the midst of troubles.


MUSIC/COMPOSITION
WHAT IS, IS

The featured composition on piano written by Shauna-Kay is the music “What Is, Is”
this was the message I posted with the song::::

So, this has been THE WORST year of my existence...
having done major surgery, having all I own stolen, and many heartbreaks, many friendships broken.


Even though it was the worst, I had some help along the way.
I found the Lord Jesus Christ as well, I got baptized and my "Job Test" still goes on.


This song is a reflection of all that happened this year. What Is and What was, already happened and is happening, so all I have to do is accept it and look forward to what is coming next.
What is, is that I still have life
What is, is that I still have family
What is, is that I still have a roof, an education
What is, is that I still have music.
What is, is that He that sits high and looks low, still watches over me.


So Goodbye 2011 and Hello 2012 :) You can be as mean to me as 2011, but I will still be standing


Scriptures from Interview
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 A Time for Everything
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up.A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance.A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away.A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak.A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace.What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils? 10 I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.11 He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.
What is in our life today is here today, but things never stay the same.  There are good seasons and bad in our life.  If we are willing then even in the bad we can see the good is there as well.  Don’t be discouraged in the bad seasons but wait for the good will come.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13
12 I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one’s lifetime; 13 moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor—it is the gift of God.
To be happy and do good are worthy goals for life, but we can pursue them in the wrong way. God wants us to enjoy life. When we have the proper view of God, we discover that real pleasure is found in enjoying whatever we have as gifts from God, not in what we accumulate.

Philippians 4:12
I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13  For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.
When our hearts and thoughts are right with God then we experience joy and satisfaction in all we do.

Exodus 15:20
Then Miriam (the prophet, Aaron’s sister), took a tambourine and led all the women in rhythm and dance. 21And Miriam sang this song:
“I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously;
he has thrown both horse and rider into the sea.
The expression of gratitude pours out of us in music, dance, song and so many ways when we know it is the Lord who has delivered us in difficult situations.

Psalm 30:11
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, 12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Our loving Heavenly Father touches us in a way that nothing in this earth can compare to!  We receive the joy of the Lord and his peace inside of us because we believe.

Proverbs 11:23
The godly can look forward to happiness, while the wicked can expect only wrath.
When we are living wrong then we feel bad inside, but when we look to our Father God to rescue us then we know inside of us that we have joy now and a good future in Jesus!

Jeremiah 29:12
In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13  If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.”
We are all truly living in captivity on this earth to our bad desires, bad decisions and actions.  When we pray to Jesus to forgive us and save us then he does!  He sets us free!

Ecclesiastes 8:2
Yes, there is a time and a way for everything, even as people’s troubles lie heavily upon them.

Ecclesiastes 3:15
Whatever exists today and whatever will exist in the future has already existed in the past. For God calls each event back in its turn.
God has made and planned everything to the end. He only knows what’s going to happen and when it will happen. We must not fear of what’s happening, because God is there with us and we have not seen what’s in the future which He has made for us.

Job 40:2

“Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?”

How do you argue or criticize almighty God? Do you demand answers when things don’t go your way, you lose a job, someone close to you is ill or dies, finances are tight, you fail, or unexpected changes occur? The next time you are tempted to complain to God, consider how much he loves you. And remember Job’s reaction when he had his chance to speak. Are you worse off than Job or more righteous than he? Give God a chance to reveal his greater purposes for you, but remember that they may unfold over the course of your life and not at the moment you desire

Galatians 5:22
But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.

Hebrews 12:2
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God’s throne in heaven.
The joy Jesus knew he would share… is us with him forever!  He died for you!  He died to pay the price for your wrong actions, your wrong desires that lead to your wrong sins!  When we turn to the Lord and give our lives to him then the Holy Spirit comes in and changes our lives from the inside out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment